Sterile Processing Technician
Knightingale Health Services, LLC is a fresh, dedicated healthcare staffing company that specializes in temp-to-hire, locums, and direct hire opportunities in healthcare staffing for local, state and federal hospitals nationwide. We strive to hire the best possible registered nurses, physicians, and allied health professionals for our clients while building long-lasting relationships with our candidates!
We are currently seeking an LPN for a hospital in Fruita, CO.
Discipline: SPD Tech
Specialty: Operating Room
Shift: 8 Hour Days
Unit Specifics: None
Need Specifics: The hours are Monday-Friday 8:30 AM-5:00 PM.
· Certification (NICHSPDP or ISCHIM) required
- BLS Certification in AHA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Operates all required equipment and machinery accurately and safely, prepares, assembles, and
sterilizes instruments and supplies according to parameters of sterilization in accordance with The
Department of Health, TJC, OSHA, CDC, AAMI and AORN standards. Maintains appropriate
records, and monitors quality control and infection control standards. Provides asset management
and support of surgical instruments and trays belonging to or consigned to the facility.
• Accurately handles and cares for instruments appropriately, including appropriate selection of
cleaning agents, lubricants, examination for function, identification and assembly according to
OneSource and preparation for sterilization; retrieves malfunctioning instruments and ensures
repairs are completed.
• Correctly peel-packs supplies/instruments, wraps instruments for sterilization, inspect each
instrument for use, function, completeness and cleanliness.
• Coordinates with Materials Dept to ensure facility sets are stocked to PAR levels.
• Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all FSC policies, procedures and
standards and quality of service.
• Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for
mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which
contribute to the success of the organization; Communicate with operating room staff to provide
• Is responsible for reporting damaged or malfunctioning equipment to Clinical Director and
Material Manger and follow process for replacement.
• Resources to nursing staff in all departments regarding responsibilities of proper sterilization
• Clean, set up, sterilize and distribute instruments as scheduled on each shift.
• Maintains records for QA and sterilization.
• Employees are expected to comply with all regulatory requirements, including Joint Commission
• Is familiar with organization, department and job specific Environment of Care areas, including
Life Safety, Hazardous Materials Communications, Emergency Preparedness, Infection Control
and Medical Equipment Failure.
• Adheres to Standard Precautions as appropriate, which may include:
• the use of protective barriers, as appropriate (e.g., gloves, masks, gowns, pocket masks, and/or
• handling and disposing of infectious waste appropriately; and
• hand washing as appropriate.
FOR IMMEDIATE Assistance and a faster response please TEXT:
Troy Franklin 407-574-2161
ONLY if you meet ALL the requirements above and you would like to expedite the process, please start by emailing me your updated resume/CV showing you possess the experience.
Or if you have questions regarding the opportunity, please text me a day and time you are available in order for me to prescreen you ensuring you meet the qualifications.
Email me your required documents at:
***Our team can conduct a screening on the same day you apply and if you commit to the opportunity after the screening process, we then can submit your profile to the facility on the same day as well!
You can check our website for more details: www.knightingalehealth.com
Knightingale Health Services does not discriminate in employment based off of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.