Knightingale Health Services, LLC is a fresh, dedicated healthcare staffing company that specializes in temp-to-hire, locums, and direct hire opportunities in healthcare staffing for local, state and federal hospitals nationwide. We strive to hire the best possible registered nurses, physicians, and allied health professionals for our clients while building long-lasting relationships with our candidates!
We are currently seeking a qualified Med/Surg RN for a Hospital in Gallup, NM
Specialty: Medical Surgical
Unit Specifics: 38 Beds.. American Heart Association BLS required, PALS preferred. Patient Ratio: 1:4-6.. Patients seen with kidney problems, renal, diabetic, cellulitis, COPD, and pneumonia. Nurse expectations and requirements: Excellent attendance, professional, positive attitude, respectful, provide quality patient care and follow all hospital policies and procedures If Traveler does not have PALS, they will not take care of PEDS patients. They don’t usually have many PEDS patients.. Tele patients on floor and monitor tech in ICU monitors the strips.. EMR- Meditech.. Pixis.. Will be required to float to other areas if needed.. Schedules will vary.. If HCP works nights they try to keep on a block schedule.. Unit tries to give every other weekend off
- Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Licensure/Certification: Current nursing license, in good standing .
- Minimum of one year of Med/Surge Department Nurse experience; cognitive skills
- BLS Certification in AHA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and
evaluate patient care plans.
· Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed
Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with
the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse.
Educates patients on surgical procedures.
· Records patients’ medical information and vital signs.
· Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients, and interprets and records
· Initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays adverse symptomatology.
· Provides bedside care for a wide variety of medical patients, including pre- and postsurgery patients.
· Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by physician. Teaches patients and
significant others how to manage their illness/injury, by explaining: post-treatment home
· Changes dressings, inserts catheters, starts IVs.
· Prepares equipment and aids physician during examination and treatment of patient.
· Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocol.
· Participates in discharge planning.
· Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in
the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms.
· Other duties as may be assigned.
FOR IMMEDIATE Assistance and a faster response please TEXT:
Troy Franklin 407-574-2161
ONLY if you meet ALL the requirements above and you would like to expedite the process, please start by emailing me your updated resume/CV showing you possess the experience.
Or if you have questions regarding the opportunity, please text me a day and time you are available in order for me to prescreen you ensuring you meet the qualifications.
Email me your required documents at:
***Our team can conduct a screening on the same day you apply and if you commit to the opportunity after the screening process, we then can submit your profile to the facility on the same day as well!
You can check our website for more details: www.knightingalehealth.com
Knightingale Health Services does not discriminate in employment based off of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
|Job Category||Med/Surg (Medical/ Surgical)|