Knightingale Health Services, LLC is a fresh, dedicated healthcare staffing company that specializes in temp-to-hire, locums, and direct hire opportunities in healthcare staffing for local, state and federal hospitals nationwide. We strive to hire the best possible registered nurses, physicians, and allied health professionals for our clients while building long-lasting relationships with our candidates!
We are currently seeking a qualified Certified Registered Med/Surg RN for a VA Hospital in Minnesota.
City : Minneapolis
Specialty: Certified Registered Nurse
Type: Government contract
3 Day/Evening shift
2 Night shift
Either set up for 8-hour day/night 0730-1600, 1530-2400, or 1130-2000; or 12-hour
PM/Night (1930-0800) options.
7 day a week, 24 hours per day operation to include holidays. The shift times listed below are the most common but are not exhaustive. Eight and 12 –hour work shifts include a 30-minute non-paid lunch/dinner break period. All shifts will provide 15-minute breaks every 4 hours
Job Duties :
- Assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care plans in consultation with healthcare professionals.
- Evaluating medical information, as well as providing direct and individualized bedside nursing care to pre-and post-surgery patients.
- Preparing, administering and recording prescribed medications.
- Changing dressings, inserting catheters, and starting IVs.
- Adjusting specialized medical equipment as needed, as well as interpreting and recording measurements.
- Monitoring patients’ vitals and reporting adverse reactions to medications in a timely manner.
- Collaborating on discharge planning with the healthcare team.
- Answering questions and educating patients and their families on surgical procedures and post-surgery care.
- Maintaining and updating patient files, medical charts, and health records.
- Adhering to best nursing practices, standards, and protocols.
Medical-Surgical Nurse Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Certified MS-RN preferred.
- State-approved nursing licensure.
- At least two years’ experience as a medical-surgical nurse in a similar facility.
- Competency in electronic patient management systems such as e-MDs Chart and Mediexcel.
- Extensive experience in monitoring a broad range of medical conditions.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in medical-surgical nursing.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Superb interpersonal, communication, and collaboration abilities.
- Availability to work shifts that rotate between days, nights, weekends, and public holidays.
Email me your required documents at:
Danelle Galvan : Main Line: 407.574.2143
JaiDen Galvan: 407-574-4814
***Our team can conduct a screening on the same day you apply and if you commit to the opportunity after the screening process, we then can submit your profile to the facility on the same day as well!
You can check our website for more details: www.knightingalehealth.com
Knightingale Health Services does not discriminate in employment based off of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.