LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse)
Knightingale Health Services, LLC is a fresh, dedicated healthcare staffing company that specializes in temp-to-hire, locums, and direct hire opportunities in healthcare staffing for local, state and federal hospitals nationwide. We strive to hire the best possible registered nurses, physicians, and allied health professionals for our clients while building long-lasting relationships with our candidates!
Government Opportunity: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN)
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) to work in the Medical Home Port (Family Health) 41 Area Branch Health Clinic at a Marine Base in, Oceanside, California, providing medical care for Active Duty military heroes, their family members, and retirees. The Licensed Vocational Nurse position is full-time, Monday – Friday, normally between the hours of 6:00AM – 6:00PM, with full benefits and including 17 days of paid vacation & sick leave, plus 10 paid federal holidays. The LVN may be assigned to other clinic locations within the primary assigned Naval Hospital local commuting area.
DUTIES OF THE LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE (LVN):
· Ensure patient care is carried out in accordance with the Standards of Nursing Care and the policies and procedures of the clinic.
· Check patients into the clinic and triage using clinic guidelines.
· Obtain and document patient and pertinent family history.
· Perform a full range of diagnostic support duties which include taking vital signs, collecting specimens, obtaining, recording and tracking results of diagnostic tools.
· Assist the physician in a variety of diagnostic examinations such as lumbar punctures, colposcopies and sigmoidoscopies, by preparing, positioning and monitoring patients, and setting out and handling instruments and equipment.
· Perform laboratory tests such as checking urine for sugar and stool for blood. Record and report results of test.
· Perform a range of treatment procedures that include sterile dressing changes, applying compresses, monitoring IV fluids, inserting catheters and suctions, inserting nasogastric tubes, administering medications, giving enemas, setting up and giving treatment that requires auxiliary equipment such as oxygen and suction.
· Prepare patients for tests, examinations, treatments, and/or surgery. Collect specimens such as urine, sputum and stool. Label specimens for laboratory examinations and follow up by using CHCS/AHLTA or calling the laboratory for reports.
· Prepare, start, monitor and discontinue intravenous fluids with accuracy and in accordance with established procedures.
· Observe, report and document all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments and changes in the patient condition to the registered nurse or physician.
· Perform routine nursing care activities such as taking blood pressures, temperatures, baths and hygiene care, passing and removal of trays, changing of linen, and otherwise assist in the care of the physical needs of the patient.
· Operate basic equipment required in delivery of patient care such as pumps, IV pumps, oxygen administration apparatus and incentive spirometers.
· Execute physician’s orders within the guidelines of standard nursing practice.
· Maintain records of nursing care, dose and time of medication administered, and indicate if the medication was not administered and the reason.
· Administer immunizations in a safe and accurate manner with strict adherence to all Military/Medical and DoD Treatment Facilities and CDC Immunization policies.
· Recognize conditions which require isolation. Ensure universal precautions are used in all patient encounters.
· Recognize emergency situations and assist with, or institute emergency measures for sudden adverse developments in patients such as cardiac arrests.
· Handle telephone information requests with courtesy, accuracy and respect for patient confidentiality.
· Ensure maintenance and re-supply of pharmaceuticals in the clinic.
· Ensure upkeep and perform checks of emergency equipment
· Communicate with patients utilizing Secure Messaging to improve communication and facilitate care through non-traditional means.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE (LVN):
· Be a graduate from a Licensed Practical Nurse or Licensed Vocaltional Nurse program accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or be a graduate from an accredited program accepted by the applicable State Board of Nursing or a training program accepted by the military Medical Treatment Facility (MTF).
· One year of practical or vocational nurse experience after graduation.
· Possess and maintain a current unrestricted license to practice as an LPN/LVN in any one of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
· Possess a minimum of 1 year of full-time clinical experience within the last 2 years as a LPN/LVN.
· LVN is required to provide 3 reference letters, one from a supervisor and 2 from peers with a date, full name and address of the person writing the reference letter. The reference letter must be primary source verified and within the past two years that attests to the candidate’s competency as pertaining to the position they are applying for.
· U.S. Citizen (for access to Government computer systems)
· COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
· Competitive salary
· 17 days paid vacation/sick leave per year
· 10 paid Federal holidays per year
· Health & Welfare allowance contributes towards cost of health, short-term and long-term disability insurance.
· 401(k) savings plan
IMMEDIATE Assistance and a faster response please TEXT:
Troy Franklin 407-574-2161
ONLY if you meet ALL the requirements above and you would like to expedite the process, please start by emailing me your updated resume/CV showing you possess the experience.
Or if you have questions regarding the opportunity, please text me a day and time you are available in order for me to prescreen you ensuring you meet the qualifications.
Email me your required documents at:
***Our team can conduct a screening on the same day you apply and if you commit to the opportunity after the screening process, we then can submit your profile to the facility on the same day as well!
You can check our website for more details: www.knightingalehealth.com
Knightingale Health Services does not discriminate in employment based off of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 – $30.00 per hour