Beale AFB, CA
Knightingale Health Services, LLC is a fresh, dedicated healthcare staffingcompany that specializes in locum and permanent healthcare staffing for major,local, federal and national hospitals and home health facilities. We strive tohire the best possible registered nurses, physicians, and allied healthprofessionals for our clients while building long-lasting relationships withour candidates! We are currently seeking a motivated Licensed PracticalNurse/ Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN) – Allergy/ Immunization forthe Beale Air Force Base in Beale AFB, CA!
- Initiate perform and complete assigned duties in providing care to variable patient populations.
- Prepare and administer prescribed medications (oral, topical, subcutaneous, intramuscular and/or intravenous) and perform treatments according to established policies/procedures.
- Recognize urgent or emergent patient care situations, seek assistance of the RN and/or MD/DO, and initiate appropriate emergency interventions as directed.
- Perform support duties for complex diagnostic tests and/or specialized practices or procedures, which include preparing the patient, assisting in the diagnostic examination, preparing and handling specialized instruments or other specialized equipment, and monitoring the patient’s condition before, during, and following the procedure.
- Orient peers and ancillary personnel to unit policies and procedures, skills, and standards of practice.
- Integrate healthy work environment principles that result in improved patient healthcare delivery, education of patients and their families and employee satisfaction.
- The Allergy-Immunology Services is to examine, evaluate, assess, and provide treatment for all patients referred to the allergy-immunology service and care to patients of any age in providing immunizations, allergy skin testing, and immunotherapy.
- Prepare examination rooms prior to patient’s arrival.
- Assist with patient check-ins, admissions, discharges, and transfers as directed.
- Check patient’s vital signs, to include temperature, respiration, pulse, weight and blood pressure.
- Obtain and document patient’s current medical history, drug history, chief complaints, allergies and vital signs on the correct form.
- Perform diagnostic procedures when ordered such as allergy tests, pulmonary function, and skin tests.
- Provide education on symptom management and allergy serum.
- Observe, identify and respond to the patient’s needs for care, including medication, equipment-assisted care and patient/family education.
- Prepare and administer allergy serums and injections.
- Maintain examination room stock levels and perform routine maintenance of examination rooms.
- Complete lab and x-ray requisitions in accordance with clinic policies.
- Enter demographic data into the computer upon patient check-in; enter diagnosis and departing time when patients released.
- Identify signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis versus vasovagal reaction.
- Initiate and assist in acute anaphylaxis management.
- Complete assigned patient care based on the patients’ conditions, use judgment in selecting the appropriate order and sequence of procedures and treatments, and accurately recognize, report and record relevant patient information.
- Graduate from an accredited community college, junior college, college, university or vocational nursing program approved by the appropriate State agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- One year of practical or vocational nurse experience after graduation.
- Possess three (3) years of Allergy/Immunology and Immunization experience within the last four (4) years in a specialty clinic
- Experience in providing treatment for all patients referred to the allergy-immunology service and care to patients of any age in providing immunizations, allergy skin testing, and immunotherapy.
- Current, full, active and unrestricted license as a practical or vocational nurse
- Hours of Duty: Monday through Friday, 8 hours per day to be worked between the hours of 07:00AM-5:00PM, depending on the needs of the clinic, with a one-hour uncompensated lunch to be taken between the hours of 11:00AM-1:00PM.
FOR IMMEDIATECONSIDERATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Email: andrea.valle @knightingalehealth.com
*We can conduct a screening on the same DAY youapply! They can send your information to the facility for approval and receivea response within 24-72 hours, allowing the facility to conduct an officialinterview.
|Job Category||Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN)|