DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides initial psychiatric assessment, diagnosis, treatment and follow-up for assigned patients. Maintains proper documentation of patient caseload and respond to patient request in a timely manner.
2. Responsible for functioning at or above the 90th percentile in productivity and providing excellent clinical outcomes based on their patient panel.
3. Assist with quality control of the behavioral health department including compliance with accreditation standards. Provides exceptional clinical care based on patient satisfaction scores, clinical outcome measures and chart audits. Participate in department chart audits as directed.
4. Strive to achieve a patient satisfaction survey of 94% or above.
5. Document patient outcome measures for the BH program. This includes but is not limited to the Patient Health Questionnaire-9, the Vanderbilt ADHD Scale and other outcome measures implemented in the course of practice and appropriate to demonstrate patient BH status.
6. Attends and actively participates in the Department meetings and Center activities in order pursue the mission and vision of the Center.
7. Provides excellent internal/external customer service via telephone, fax or face-to-face contact to assist patients with their behavioral health care needs and representing the Center in any outside communication or activities.
8. Establishes and maintains a working relationship with community-based agencies in the best interest of the patient and the Center.
9. Provide telepsychiatry services within Bexar, Kendall and Hays counties when applicable.
10. Provides supervision of Advanced Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants.
11. Maintains a problem-oriented health record for each patient seen in accordance with the Center’s established Health Informatic Management policies and procedures to include providing appropriate and legible documentation. Completes thorough documentation of each patient’s visit
in the electronic health record and ensures encounters are closed within 24 hours in accordance with the Center’s established Health Information Management policies and procedures.
12. Reviews patient satisfaction survey and check for trends of any unfavorable quality practice or issue and make appropriate corrective action. Assure that patient satisfaction surveys are at 94% or above.
13. Responsible for assuring each assigned medical provider is functioning at 100% productivity, providing excellent clinical outcomes and completing assigned chart audits (Peer Record Review) in a timely manner.
14. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Must have Doctoral Degree in Psychiatry from an accredited university
Must possess a current unrestricted license and DEA in the State of Texas
Certified in Basic Life Support (BLS), American Heart Association
Annual continuing medical education as required by Board specialty
Knowledge of psychiatric treatment guidelines for common psychiatric diagnosis
Knowledge of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of the American Psychiatric Association
Knowledge of computer system and ability to accurately input necessary information
Ability to work with diverse populations and knowledge of multi-ethnic cultures
Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
Scheduled hours and/or work locations are subject to change