Knightingale Health Services, LLC is a fresh, dedicated healthcare staffing company that specializes in temp-to-hire, locums, and direct hire opportunities in healthcare staffing for major, local, federal and national hospitals and home health facilities. We strive to hire the best possible Healthcare Professional for our clients while building long-lasting relationships with our candidates! We are currently seeking a motivated Out Patient Psychiatrist in Alaska for a Government Facility.
Requirements to be considered for the position
- Must be an American
- Must be Board Certified
- Must have two years or more experience within the last 2 years
- Must have an Active License within any State
- Must have Active and current Certifications
- All Immunizations must be up to date including TB and Hepatitis B vaccination
- No Hits on License (No exceptions with the Government)
To be discussed over the phone
Hours of Operation:
Work Environment: The work occurs within a typical office setting or through telehealth from the clinic to patients in other sites (other clinics, home).
- Perform all duties and responsibilities of a staff psychiatrist.
- Duties include but are not limited to treatment and professional outpatient care (including tele-mental health), psychiatric consultations, attending treatment teams.
- Outpatient Mental Health Services at the Alaska VA Healthcare System 0463 include: Must be clinically competent to perform examinations, diagnosis, therapeutic treatment, be effective in handling emergencies, patient management and document in patient records.
- Must be effective in teaching (patient education and co-workers).
- Must be effective in planning and should have sound decision making skills.
- Individual to provide professional direction and participate in the treatment team (which includes clinical staff – psychologists, nurses, nursing assistants, licensed practical nurses, social workers, social work associates, physician assistants, addiction therapists), evaluate, develop and implement treatment plans; prepare examining physician’s reports for courts on commitment cases, attend court hearings to provide testimony. A progress note must be completed for each episode of outpatient care.
- Individual will follow and meet all medical center policies, rules and regulations.
- Six hours per workday spent in direct patient care either face-to-face, phone clinic or tele-health. Any period where an appointment is cancelled that day or no-showed will be filled with either a same-day appointment or provider will attempt to contact patients on panel who have missed appointments or need follow up.
- Scheduled appointments patient is seen within 20 minutes of scheduled appointment.
- Work is performed at the Alaska VA Healthcare System at Muldoon clinic or CBOCs.
- Participates in Peer Reviews.
- Individual will participate in organization meetings as requested.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and security of operations.
- The medical center utilizes a computerized medical record system, Computerized Patient Record System (CPRS)/Electronic Health Record (EHR). The psychiatrist must be familiar with personal computers, have adequate typing skills to perform data entry (progress notes, psychiatrist orders, and clinical reminders), and be able to navigate through windows-based computer programs. Training on the computerized medical record system will be provided by the medical center. Notes will be completed properly within 24 hours or by close of business the next business day.
- Contractor personnel with have no more than two (2) unplanned absences, unless sick, per quarter.
- Psychiatrists are encouraged to type their own notes into the electronic patient record. However, there may be times when a lengthy note will require the use of the dictation system.
- The psychiatrist must have good dictation skills and be able to utilize a centralized dictation system.
- Training on the dictation system will be provided by the medical center.
To Be Considered for the Opportunity, Please Submit the Required Documents below via email, to move forward:
- Updated CV
- 3 Professional References
- BLS/ACLS Certification (Front & Back)
- Board Certification
- State License